Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Best Food Day!

Today has just simply been the best food day!

I started off the morning with an AM Workout at the gym.  I finished a little over 4 miles with the Cupid's Cardio AM workout from Tone It Up.  I'm in love with my new hairband!  It's the first one that's stayed in the WHOLE run!

 
I came home, took care of my puppies and then made some waffles!  Neal and I had waffles this weekend, and I had some leftover batter.  In our batter we added pineapples and today I decided to add some raspberries!  SUPER YUM!
 
************************************************************************************
Lunch came around and I had been wanting to try homemade pizza on a tortilla.  I cannot seem to remember where I saw this, be it Instagram, Pinterest, or just browsing the web, but I decided I would give it a shot.

Here's how you can make your own Tortilla Pizza!

Brush olive oil onto your tortilla and then sprinkle with oregano.  Then, scoop out some pesto and spread that, along w/ Feta onto your tortilla.  Sprinkle with goat cheese (my fav!).

Start loading on the veggies!  I had red onion, sweet peppers, & mushrooms.

Then I added some spinach, another sprinkle of feta & goat cheeses, oregano, and cooked shrimp.
 
I grated fresh Parmesan over the whole thing before tossing it in my oven at 450 degrees for 7 minutes.

Delicious perfection!


 

************************************************************************************
Towards the end of my workday I was REALLY craving something sweet, so I made up some Banana Cocoa 'Ice Cream'
  • 1 Frozen banana
  • 2 T Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 T Cocoa Powder
    • I tossed in some cocoa dusted almonds as a little extra!
Blend it all in a food processor & enjoy!
 
 
************************************************************************************
After work, the dogs got a 15 minute walk (there's another 0.5 miles for my #100ByVDay)!  I cleaned house and then completed 3 sets of the #LoveYourBody series workouts, each 2 times through!

Feeling good!

Dinner tonight was also FABULOUS!  I had Pecan Encrusted Fish and Curry Garlic Cauliflower.  Click here to see my dinner post for this week and get the recipe.


The perfect food and fitness day!

No comments:

Post a Comment